- Western Australia
- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 02 August 2021
- First election this name was used at:
- 1901 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- 2022 federal election
- Maps and data
A4 map of the electoral division of Swan (2021) [PDF 1.52MB]
Map of the Division of Swan (2021) [PDF 2.52MB]
Download Western Australia GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after the Swan River. The river was named in 1697 by the Dutch explorer Willem de Vlamingh after the famous black swans of the area.
- 151 sq km
- Location description
The Division of Swan consists of:
- South Perth City Council,
- Victoria Park Town Council,
- part of the Belmont City Council,
- part of the Canning City Council,
- part of the Kalamunda City Council,
- part of the Perth City Council, and
- part of the Swan City Council.
- Demographic Rating:
- Inner Metropolitan – situated in capital cities and consisting of well-established built-up suburbs.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information:
- For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.