- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 26 July 2021
- First election this name was used at:
- 1901 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- 2022 federal election
- Maps and data
A4 map of the electoral division of Kooyong (2021)
Map of the Division of Kooyong (2021) [PDF 2.59MB]
Download Victoria GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after the geographic location covered at one time by the electoral division. 'Kooyong' is believed to be an Aboriginal word for camp or resting place or possibly derived from the word 'guyun' meaning fighting spear.
- 59 sq km
- Location description
The Division of Kooyong consists of:
- part of the Boroondara City Council, and
- part of the Whitehorse City Council.
- Demographic Rating:
- Inner Metropolitan – situated in capital cities and consisting of well-established built-up suburbs.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information:
- For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.