- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 26 July 2021
- First election this name was used at:
- 1901 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- 2022 federal election
- Maps and data
A4 map of the electoral division of Gippsland (2021)
Map of the Division of Gippsland (2021) [PDF 7.15MB]
Download Victoria GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after the geographic area covered by the electoral division. The south-east region of Victoria was named in March 1840 to honour Sir George Gipps who was Governor of New South Wales at the time.
- 33,131 sq km
- Location description
The Division of Gippsland consists of:
- East Gippsland Shire Council,
- Wellington Shire Council,
- part of the Baw Baw Shire Council,
- part of the Latrobe City Council, and
- the unincorporated area of Gabo Island.
- Demographic Rating:
- Rural – outside capital cities and without majority of enrolment in major provincial cities.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information:
- For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.