- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 26 July 2021
- First election this name was used at:
- 1901 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- First federal election following the 2019 federal election
- Maps and data
A4 map of the electoral division of Corangamite (2021)
Map of the Division of Corangamite (2021) [PDF 1.25MB]
Download Victoria GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after the geographic area covered at one time by the electoral division. 'Corangamite' is believed to be derived from the Gulidjan word for 'bitter water'.
- 1,506 sq km
- Location description
The Division of Corangamite consists of:
- Borough of Queenscliffe,
- part of the Golden Plains Shire Council,
- part of the Greater Geelong City Council, and
- part of the Surf Coast Shire Council.
- Demographic Rating:
- Provincial – outside capital cities, but with a majority of enrolment in major provincial cities.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information:
- For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.