- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 26 July 2021
- First election this name was used at:
- 1901 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- 2022 federal election
- Maps and data
A4 map of the electoral division of Flinders (2021)
Map of the Division of Flinders (2021) [PDF 1.56MB]
Download Victoria GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named in honour of Matthew Flinders, 1774–1814. Flinders was a well-known navigator and explorer who charted parts of the Australian coast. The adoption of the name Australia is due to him.
- 871 sq km
- Location description
The Division of Flinders consists of:
- part of Mornington Peninsula Shire Council, and
- the unincorporated area of French-Elizabeth-Sandstone Islands.
- Demographic Rating:
- Rural – outside capital cities and without majority of enrolment in major provincial cities.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information:
- For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.