- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 26 July 2021
- First election this name was used at:
- 1937 federal election
- First election this boundary was used at:
- 2022 federal election
- Maps and data
A4 map of the electoral division of Deakin (2021)
Map of the Division of Deakin (2021) [PDF 3.11MB]
Download Victoria GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named in honour of the Hon. Alfred Deakin, 1856–1919. Deakin was an active member of the Constitutional Conventions that led to the Commonwealth of Australia, Prime Minister of Australia (1903–04, 1905–08 and 1909–10) and a Member of the House of Representatives (1901–13).
- 85 sq km
- Location description
The Division of Deakin consists of:
- Maroondah City Council, and
- part of the Whitehorse City Council.
- Demographic Rating:
- Outer Metropolitan – situated in capital cities and containing large areas of recent suburban expansion.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Former members for an electoral division of this name can be found by searching ‘Electoral divisions’ or ‘Members of the House of Representatives since 1901’ in the historical information section of the Parliamentary Handbook
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Further information:
- For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.