2016 federal election: profile of the electoral division of Brand (WA)
Updated: 8 July 2016
- Western Australia
- Date this name and boundary was gazetted:
- 19 January 2016
- First election for this name and boundary:
- 2016 federal election
- Map of Division:
- Name derivation:
- Named after Sir David Brand 1912–79, Premier of Western Australia 1959–71, Member of the Legislative Assembly 1945–75.
- 377 sq km
- Location description:
- Brand covers the Shire of Kwinana and the City of Rockingham including Garden Island. The main suburbs include Anketell, Baldivis, Bertram, Calista, Casuarina, Cooloongup, East Rockingham, Golden Bay, Hillman, Hope Valley, Karnup, Keralup (part), Kwinana Beach, Kwinana Town Centre, Leda, Mandogalup, Medina, Naval Base, Orelia, Parmelia, Peron, Port Kennedy, Postans, Rockingham, Safety Bay, Secret Harbour, Singleton, Shoalwater, The Spectacles, Waikiki, Wandi, Warnbro and Wellard.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Heavy industry in the Kwinana industrial area, alumina refining, medical, construction, retail trade and the naval base, HMAS Stirling, on Garden Island.
- Demographic rating:
- Outer Metropolitan – situated in capital cities and containing large areas of recent suburban expansion.
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Gray, G (ALP) 2007–
- Beazley, K (ALP) 1996–2007
- Fatin, W F (ALP) 1984–1996
- AEC contact:
- Brand Divisional Office
Back to top