2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Durack (WA)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Western Australia
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Map of Division:
- A4 map of the Division of Durack (2008) [PDF 120KB]
Map of the Division of Durack (2008) [PDF 4MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after the Durack family of Western Australia, who were pioneers and developers of the Kimberley region.
- Area and Location Description:
- Durack covers an area of approx. 1 587 758 sq km from Kununurra in the north to Geraldton in the south. The main locations include the City of Geraldton and the towns of Broome, Carnarvon, Dampier, Derby, Exmouth, Kalbarri, Karratha, Newman, Port Hedland, Wiluna and Wyndham.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Mainly arid land which is rich in mineral and ore deposits. Cattle and sheep are also grazed in some areas. Fishing, tropical fruits and vegetables are also important industries.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Haase, B (LP) 2010–
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Durack
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.