2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of McMillan (Vic)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 24 December 2010.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of McMillan (2010) [PDF 906KB]
Map of the Division of McMillan (2010) [PDF 28.1MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after Angus McMillan 1810–65, pioneer and explorer who made several trips into Gippsland.
- Area and Location Description:
- The Division of McMillan is located in south-eastern Victoria. It covers an area of approximately 8 358 sq km from Pakenham in the west to Newborough in the east and Noojee in the north to Wilsons Promontory in the south. The main towns include Drouin, Erica, Foster, Inverloch, Korumburra, Leongatha, Mirboo North, Moe, Neerim South, Newborough, Nyora, Pakenham Trafalgar, Walhalla, Warragul, Wonthaggi, Yallourn North and Yarragon.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Dairy farming, fruit, forestry, potato growing, sawmilling, tourism and fishing.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Broadbent, R (LP) 2004–
Zahra, C (ALP) 1998–2004
Broadbent, R (LP) 1996–1998
Cunningham, B T (ALP) 1993–1996
Riggall, J P (LP) 1990–1993
Cunningham, B T (ALP) 1980–1990
Simon, B D (LP) 1975–1980
Hewson, H A (CP/NCP) 1972–1975
Buchanan, A A (LP) 1955–1972
Brown, G W (LP) 1949–1955
- Current Member Details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for McMillan
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for McMillan
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for McMillan
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.