|ACT Government Service
||Covers those persons employed under the Public Sector Management Act 1994 (ACT) and the Legal Aid Act 1977 (ACT).
||Means the Australian Electoral Commission.
||Means this Enterprise Agreement made under s.172 of the FWA.
||Means the Australian Public Service.
|Authorised TOIL Credits
||Means the amount of TOIL:
prior to any additional hours being worked by the EL Employee.
- agreed by the Electoral Commissioner; and
- recorded by the EL Employee and the Electoral Commissioner,
||Is an employee engaged by the AEC under paragraph 22(2)(c) of the PSA to perform duties on an irregular or intermittent basis.
||Means an approved classification under the Public Service Classification Rules 2000.
- a person who stands in a genuine domestic or household relationship with the Employee, regardless of the person's sex, and who is wholly or substantially dependent upon the Employee; and
- a child, Foster Child or adopted child of the Employee or a person who stands in a genuine domestic or household relationship with the Employee, and who is less than 21 years of age, and wholly or substantially dependent upon the Employee.
||Means the Chief Executive Officer of the AEC referred to in section 18 of the Commonwealth Electoral Act 1918 (Cth), or his/her delegate as the context permits.
||Means where an Employee is directed to return to duty to meet an emergency outside the bandwidth, without prior notice.
||Is an employee engaged by the AEC under section 22 of the PSA.
||Is a person or organisation authorised to represent the interests of individuals or groups of Employees.
||Means an Employee performing duties at an executive level Classification.
||Means evidence to support a claim of an entitlement under this Agreement that would satisfy a reasonable person. This may include a Medical Certificate, a receipt for Receipted Costs, or a statutory declaration, as the context requires.
||Means the accumulated amount of time worked by an APS 1–6 Employee in excess of the standard days in the settlement period, including any carry over. For the avoidance of doubt, this does not include any additional hours paid as overtime.
||Means the difference between the sum of the standard days in a settlement period and the aggregate amount of time worked by an APS 1–6 Employee where the total time worked is less than the sum of the standard days in the Settlement Period after any necessary adjustment has been made for any absence on approved leave and includes any carry over.
||Means a child for whom the Employee has assumed primary responsibility for the long term care of the child who is, or will be, under 16 years of age and the child is not (otherwise than because of the fostering) a child of the Employee or the Employee's Spouse/De facto Partner.
||Means the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth).
||Means the fortnightly salary (as described in clause 11.1) divided by 75 (standard fortnightly hours).
|Immediate Family or Household
||As defined in the FWA, includes a person who may belong to one of the following categories:
An Employee's Immediate Family or Household may also include:
- a Spouse/De facto Partner, child, parent, grandparent, grandchild or sibling of the Employee; or
- a child, parent, grandparent, grandchild or sibling of a Spouse/De facto Partner of the Employee.
- a member of an Employee's household other than described above; or
- traditional kinship where there is a relationship or obligation, under the customs and traditions of the community or group to which the Employee belongs.
||Has the same meaning as under the FWA.
||Means an election conducted under the Commonwealth Electoral Act 1918 (Cth) involving electors from each division and which is not a by-election for the House of Representatives.
||Means the Public Service Act 1999 (Cth).
||Means costs incurred by an Employee as a result of undertaking AEC business, where those costs are supported by Evidence.
||The Employee's rate of pay (in accordance with the pay rates at Attachment 1) will be Salary for all purposes, including superannuation (subject to relevant superannuation scheme rules), overtime, severance and termination payments. Participation in salary sacrifice arrangements or purchased leave options will not affect salary for these purposes.
||Means the period over which calculations are made to determine the Flextime Credit or Flextime Debit of an Employee. The Settlement Period is four calendar weeks (equating to150 ordinary hours for full-time Employees) commencing on payday Thursday and ceasing on the Wednesday before payday four weeks later.
|Spouse/De facto Partner
||Has the same meaning as given under the FWA.
||Means time off in lieu.