Long-term travellers within Australia

Updated: 15 July 2021

Are you travelling around Australia for an extended period but intend to return to your permanent address (colloquially or more commonly known as a ‘grey nomad’)? Contact your local AEC office to inform them of your absence from your permanent address to make sure you are not removed from the electoral roll. Your local electoral office can notate your enrolment record with your intended absence dates.

Should an election be announced while you are travelling around Australia there are several voting options available to you including early voting, applying for a postal vote, or casting an interstate vote on polling day.