2016 federal election: profile of the electoral division of Mallee (Vic)
Updated: 8 July 2016
- Current, boundary gazetted 24 December 2010.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Mallee (2010) [PDF 907KB]
Map of the Division of Mallee (2010) [PDF 7.0MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after the area in which it is located. Mallee is an Aboriginal word for dwarf eucalypts which grow in the area.
- Area and Location Description:
- The Division of Mallee is located in north-western Victoria. It covers an area of approximately 73 879 sq km and is bordered by the Murray River in the north, the South Australian border in the west, the division of Wannon in the south and the division of Murray in the east. The main centres are Mildura in the north, Warracknabeal, St Arnaud, Horsham and Stawell in the south and Swan Hill and Kerang in the east.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Dried fruit, citrus and stone fruit, wheat and cereals, wool, sheep, vegetables, vineyards, olive oil, dairy and beef cattle, meat works, mining and flour milling.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Broad, A (NP) 2013–
Forrest, J (NP) 1993–2013
Fisher, P S (CP/NCP/NP) 1972–1993
Turnbull, W G (CP) 1949–1972
- Current Member Details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
2013 federal election – House of Representatives results for Mallee
2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Mallee
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Mallee
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Mallee
2013 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.
Back to top