2016 federal election: profile of the electoral division of Kooyong (Vic)
Updated: 8 July 2016
- Current, boundary gazetted 24 December 2010.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Kooyong (2010) [PDF 1.5MB]
Map of the Division of Kooyong (2010) [PDF 17.8MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after the Aboriginal word meaning 'resting place'.
- Area and Location Description:
- The Division of Kooyong is located in Melbourne's eastern suburbs. It covers an area of approximately 52 sq km stretching from Kew and Hawthorn in the west to Balwyn and Canterbury in the east, and from Balwyn North in the north to Hawthorn East and Camberwell in the south. Kooyong suburbs include Balwyn, Balwyn North, Camberwell, Canterbury, Hawthorn, Hawthorn East, Kew, Kew East and Surrey Hills (part).
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Predominantly residential with no major industries.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Inner Metropolitan
- Frydenberg, J (LP) 2010–
Georgiou, P (LP) 1994–2010
Peacock, A S (LP) 1966–1994
Menzies, R G (LP) 1934–1966
Latham, J G (LIB) 1922–1934
Best, R (LIB) 1910–1922
Knox, W (LIB) 1901–1910
- Current Member Details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
2013 federal election – House of Representatives results for Kooyong
2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Kooyong
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Kooyong
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Kooyong
2013 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.
Back to top