2016 federal election: profile of the electoral division of Hotham (Vic)
Updated: 8 July 2016
- Current, boundary gazetted 24 December 2010.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Hotham (2010) [PDF 1.4MB]
Map of the Division of Hotham (2010) [PDF 18.8MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after Sir Charles Hotham 1806–55, Governor of Victoria 1854–55.
- Area and Location Description:
- The Division of Hotham is located in Melbourne's south-eastern suburbs. It covers an area of approximately 75 sq km from Oakleigh in the north to Dingley Village in the south. The main suburbs include Bentleigh East, Dingley Village, Heatherton, Moorabbin, Springvale South and parts of Clayton, Clayton South, Cheltenham, Keysborough, Murrumbeena, Noble Park, Oakleigh, Oakleigh South and Springvale.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Light industry and commercial activity including light engineering and warehousing.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Inner Metropolitan
- O'Neil, C (ALP) 2013–
Crean, S (ALP) 1990–2013
Kent, L (ALP) 1980–1990
Johnston, J R (LP) 1977–1980
Chipp, D (LP/IND/DEM) 1969–1977
- Current Member Details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
2013 federal election – House of Representatives results for Hotham
2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Hotham
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Hotham
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Hotham
2013 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.
Back to top