2016 federal election: profile of the electoral division of Holt (Vic)
Updated: 8 July 2016
- Current, boundary gazetted 24 December 2010.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Holt (2010) [PDF 1.4MB]
Map of the Division of Holt (2010) [PDF 13.5MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after Harold Edward Holt 1908–67, Prime Minister of Australia 1966–67, who disappeared while swimming off Portsea Beach in 1967.
- Area and Location Description:
- The Division of Holt is located in Melbourne's outer south-eastern suburbs. It covers an area of approximately 131 sq km extending in a strip from Lysterfield South in the north to Cranbourne in the south. The main suburbs include Cranbourne, Cranbourne North, Cranbourne West, Doveton, Endeavour Hills, Eumemmerring, Hallam, Hampton Park, Lynbrook, Lysterfield South, a majority of Cranbourne East and Lyndhurst and parts of Clyde, Clyde North, Narre Warren, Narre Warren North and Narre Warren South.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Light industry.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- Byrne, A (ALP) 1999–
Evans, G J (ALP) 1996–1999
Duffy, M J (ALP) 1980–1996
Yates, W (LP) 1975–1980
Oldmeadow, M W (ALP) 1972–1975
Reid, S L (LP) 1969–1972
- Current Member Details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
2013 federal election – House of Representatives results for Holt
2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Holt
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Holt
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Holt
2013 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.
Back to top