2016 federal election: profile of the electoral division of Aston (Vic)
Updated: 8 July 2016
- Current, boundary gazetted 24 December 2010.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Aston (2010) [PDF 1.4MB]
Map of the Division of Aston (2010) [PDF 17.9MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after Tilly Aston 1873–1947, blind writer and teacher who helped found the library of the Victorian Association of Braille Writers in 1894.
- Area and Location Description:
- The Division of Aston is located in Melbourne's eastern suburbs. It covers an area of approximately 99 sq km from Bayswater in the north to Rowville in the south, from Boronia and Ferntree Gully in the east to Wantirna in the west. The suburbs of Bayswater, Boronia (part), Ferntree Gully (part), Knoxfield, Lysterfield (part), Rowville, Scoresby, Wantirna and Wantirna South are in this division.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Market gardens, orchards, light industry, electronics, tyre and food manufacturing and chemical production.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- Tudge, A (LP) 2010–
Pearce, C (LP) 2001–2010
Nugent, P E (LP) 1990–2001
Saunderson, J (ALP) 1984–1990
- Current Member Details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
2013 federal election – House of Representatives results for Aston
2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Aston
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Aston
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Aston
2013 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.
Back to top