2016 federal election: profile of the electoral division of Flynn (Qld)
Updated: 7 July 2016
- Current, boundary gazetted 15 December 2009
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Flynn (2009) [PDF 902KB]
Map of the Division of Flynn (2009) [PDF 3.4MB]
Download GIS data
- Name derivation:
- Named after Reverend John Flynn (1880–1951), founder of the Royal Flying Doctor Service.
- Area and Location Description:
- Flynn covers an area of approximately 133 063 sq km including the City of Gladstone, the Regional Councils of Bundaberg (Partial), Central Highlands, Gladstone, North Burnett, South Burnett (Partial), Banana Shire and Woorabinda Aboriginal Shire Council. Main towns include Agnes Water, Banana, Biloela, Biggenden, Blackwater, Boyne Island, Calliope, Duaringa, Eidsvold, Emerald, Gayndah, Gladstone, Gracemere, Miriam Vale, Monto, Mount Morgan, Moura, Mundubbera, Perry, Sapphire, Tannum Sands, Taroom, Theodore, Wondai and Woorabinda.
- Products/industries of the area:
- Primary production including coal, oil, gas, orchards,cotton, grain and cattle. The Port of Gladstone is a major export facility for the area.
- First proclaimed/election:
- Demographic rating:
- O'Dowd, K (LNQ) 2010–
Trevor, C (ALP) 2007–2010
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
2013 federal election – House of Representatives results for Flynn
2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Flynn
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Flynn
2013 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.
Back to top