2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Calwell (Vic)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Current, boundary gazetted 24 December 2010.
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Maps & GIS data:
- A4 map of the Division of Calwell (2010) [PDF 1.6MB]
Map of the Division of Calwell (2010) [PDF 19.3MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named after Arthur Calwell 1896–1973, Member of House of Representatives 1940–72, Leader of the Australian Labor Party 1960–67.
- Area and Location Description:
- The Division of Calwell is located to the north-west of Melbourne. It covers an area of approximately 175 sq km from Craigieburn in the north to Keilor Park in the south and from Calder Park in the west to Somerton in the east. Localities include Attwood, Broadmeadows, Calder Park, Campbellfield, Coolaroo, Craigieburn (part), Dallas, Gladstone Park, Greenvale, Jacana, Keilor, Keilor Downs, Keilor North, Meadow Heights, Melbourne Airport, Roxburgh Park, Somerton, Sydenham, Taylors Lakes and Westmeadows.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Automobile manufacturing, food processing, horse studs, textiles, clothing, transport, telecommunications, airline industries, wine production and service industries.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- Demographic Rating:
- Outer Metropolitan
- Vamvakinou, M (ALP) 2001–
Theophanous, A C (ALP/IND) 1984–2001
- Current Member Details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Calwell
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Calwell
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Calwell
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.