2013 federal election: Profile of the electoral division of Lingiari (NT)
Updated: 4 September 2013
- Northern Territory
- AEC Divisional Office:
- Divisional Office contact details
- Map of Division:
- A4 map of the Division of Lingiari (2008) [PDF 120KB]
Map of NT electoral boundaries (2008) [PDF 1.6MB]
Download GIS data
- Name Derivation:
- Named in honour of Vincent Lingiari OAM 1908–88, who was a member of the Gurindji people from the Victoria River District.
- Area and Location Description:
- Lingiari covers an area of approximately 1 352 371 sq km of the Northern Territory including Christmas Island and Cocos (Keeling) Islands.
- Products/Industries of the Area:
- Cattle, tourism, horticulture, fishing, light industry in Alice Springs, bauxite, copper, gold and uranium mining.
- First Proclaimed/Election:
- 2000/2001 (Previously part of the Division of Northern Territory - 1922-2000)
- Demographic Rating:
- Snowdon, W (ALP) 2001–
- Current member details:
- Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
- Further information:
- 2010 federal election – House of Representatives results for Lingiari
2007 federal election – House of Representatives results for Lingiari
2004 federal election – House of Representatives results for Lingiari
2010 divisional profile
For supporting information, see Party codes, demographic ratings and seat status.