15 December 2009
Current, boundary gazetted 15 December 2009 (former divisional profile)
Contact the Brisbane AEC divisional office
Named after the city of Brisbane which was named after Sir Thomas MacDougall Brisbane (1773–1860), Governor of New South Wales 1820–25.
Brisbane covers an area of approximately 58 sq km from Everton Park and Stafford in the north to the Brisbane River in the west and south and to Hamilton and Hendra in the east. The main suburbs include Albion, Alderley, Ascot, Bowen Hills, Brisbane City, Clayfield, Fortitude Valley, Gaythorne, Gordon Park, Grange, Hamilton, Hendra, Herston, Kalinga, Kelvin Grove, Lutwyche, Milton, New Farm, Newmarket, Newstead, Red Hill, Spring Hill, Wilston, Windsor, Wooloowin and parts of Ashgrove, Bardon, Everton Park, Enoggera, Paddington and Stafford.
The area is mostly residential but contains some light industry. It includes the Queensland Parliament House and Brisbane City Council Chambers. Many Commonwealth Government, State Government and business administrative offices are found in the area.
Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
For supporting information, see Party Codes, Demographic Ratings and Seat Status.