New South Wales
Named after Elizabeth Macarthur 1769–1850 and Captain John Macarthur 1767–1834, early settlers in New South Wales and founders of the Australian merino wool industry.
Macarthur covers an area of approximately 1 300 sq km stretching from Nattai and Lake Burragorang in the west to Appin, Wedderburn, Airds, Ruse and Kentlyn in the east. The northern boundary extends east from Lake Burragorang along Werriberri Creek, Eltons Road, Taylors Road, Bushrangers Creek, Nepean River, Bringelly Creek, Greendale Road and Bringelly Road to the intersection with Allenby Road. In the south from Lake Burragorang extending east along Hoddles Track, Rockbarton Road, Barkers Lodge Road, Thirlmere locality boundary, Bridge Street, Main Southern Railway line, Myrtle Creek, Nepean River, Cordeaux River, the northern Wingecarribee and Wollongong local government boundaries to O Hares Creek and Dahlia Creek. Main towns and suburbs include Appin, Camden, Cobbitty, Currans Hill, Douglas Park, Glen Alpine, Harrington Park, Kentlyn, Mount Annan, Maldon, Menangle Park, Nattai, Narellan, St Helens Park, Wedderburn, Werombi, Wilton and parts of Bringelly, Campbelltown, Leumeah, Mowbray Park, Picton and Rossmore.
The area contains residential, commercial, small business and light industrial activities. The area also produces fruit, vegetables, fodder crops, wine and is a centre for horse-breeding/agistment and tourism. Oran Park Raceway, the Macarthur Campus of the University of Western Sydney, the University of Sydney farms and the Mount Annan Botanic Gardens are also located here.
Please refer to the Parliament of Australia website
For supporting information, see Party Codes, Demographic Ratings and Seat Status.