2004 Profile of the division of Hindmarsh
Updated: 29 September 2011
Named after Sir John Hindmarsh 1786–1860, first Governor of South Australia.
Area and Location Description:
Hindmarsh covers an area of approximately 73 sq km in inner western Adelaide. The main suburbs include Adelaide Airport, Brooklyn Park, Fulham, Glenelg, Grange, Henley Beach, Kidman Park, Kurralta Park, Morphettville, Plympton, Richmond, Semaphonre Park, Torrensville, West Beach and West Lakes.
Map of Division:
Products/Industries of the Area:
Aviation, tourism, small industries and numerous sporting venues.
- GEORGANAS, S (ALP)–
- GALLUS, C (LP) 1993–2004
- SCOTT, J L (ALP) 1980–1993
- CAMERON, C R (ALP) 1949–1980
- THOMPSON, A V (ALP) 1946–1949
- MAKIN, N J O (ALP/FLP/ALP) 1919–1946
- ARCHIBALD, W O (ALP/NAT) 1910–1919
- HUTCHISON, J (ALP) 1903–1909
Current Member Details:
See the Parliament of Australia website
AEC Divisional Office Address:
See Divisional Office Contact Details
2004 Federal Election Results:
- Enrolment: 98 594
- Informal Vote: 6.93%
- Turnout: 94.71%
- Seat Status: Marginal Labor
- Two Party Preferred: LP: 49.94% | ALP: 50.06%
For supporting information, see Party Codes, Demographic Ratings and Seat Status.