Change your name

Updated: 25 August 2017

Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey

It is now too late to enrol for the Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey being conducted by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS).

You can update your name on the electoral roll via this webpage but it will not apply to the marriage survey. This does not prevent your participation in the survey for which a survey form will be distributed based on your enrolment details as at the close of rolls on 24 August 2017.

If you need to update your postal address for the survey please call the ABS information line on 1800 572 113 from 8am to 8pm (AEST) seven days a week.

Please note: If you update your postal address with the ABS this will not change your enrolment details with the AEC. If you have moved, you can update your details on the change address page.

For more information visit the ABS website.

If you change your name, you must update your enrolment with your new details or you could be removed from the electoral roll and you will be unable to vote.

You will need to provide evidence of your identity. You can use your driver's licence, Australian passport number or have someone who is enrolled confirm your identity. Please note that the AEC cannot accept any other forms of identification, such as 18+ or Proof of Age cards.

* When you finish updating your details, don't forget to close your browser to protect your privacy.

Already changed your details online? Check the status using the receipt number provided.

When updating your enrolment details you might also need to update your personal details with your state and territory road traffic authority.